Along the eastern slope of the Berici Mounts between the Longare and Barbarano Villages, are frequent shelters and caves in the eocenic and oligocenic limestone faces. These cavities contain, in a handful of cases, evidence of human frequentation during the Middle and Upper Palaeolithic. From 1860 to 1940 some of keen archaeologysts excaved some of these deposits and picked up several artefacts that are actually observable at the Naturalistic Museum in Vicenza. In 1948 Dr. Alvise da Schio promoted the first systematic field-investigations that were carried out by Prof. Piero Leonardi and a team from the University of Ferrara. Among the numerous cavities explored, the Broion Cave may well be considered as the most interesting for its impressive stratigraphy, which ecompasses the Upper Pleistocene with Middle and Upper Palaeolithic levels.In 1998 new research were undertaken by Prof. Alberto Broglio at the Broion Shelter, lied in the proximity of the cave at 135 m a.s.l., facing south from the slope of Brosimo Mount (327 m a.s.l.) (Fig. 2).